Legal Requirements

Union Andina needs only the granting of your legal power to follow the procedures that will result in the protection of your patent or trademark in Latin America or any other part of the world.

This means that if a trademark or patent holder wants to earn the protection of his property on any other country that is included in the Hague Convention or Apostille, this process of legalization will be possible through a transferred legal power acting from the country where the power of attorney is signed by the holder. On the other side, in case the holder wishes protection in countries that are not part of the apostille, the legalization of the power will be granted through the Peruvian Consulate on the required territory where the power of attorney is signed.