Alejandro Castro Angulo
Partner & Managing Director
Lawyer by Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú with specialization in Intellectual Property and Unfair Competiton. Currently he is the Managing Director of Union Andina de Patentes S.A.C. in charge of the national and international relationships of the company and providing strategic counsel for the Management team and Legal department.
As part of his professional practice Alejandro Castro was the legal assistant of the International Department of Unión Andina de Patentes S.A.C., managing trademark and patent portfolios of international clients in Latin America.
As part of his pre-professional experience Alejandro Castro was part of the Intellectual Property team of Muñiz, Ramírez, Pérez Taiman & Olaya Law Firm; Berninzon, Loret de Mola & Benavides Law Firm; and part of the Commission on Unfair Competition of The National Institute for the Defense of Free Competition and the Protection of Intellectual Property (INDECOPI).
• Universidad ESAN, B.A. in Consumer Psychology (2021)
• Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University-The Netherlands, International Business Administration (2016). Universidad ESAN Exchange program.
• Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Lawyer, cum laude (2014)
• Civil Association IUS ET VERITAS, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú Law Review
• Lima Bar Association
• Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
• International Trademark Association (INTA)
• Spanish and english
• “The Kyoto Protocol, the Clean Development Mechanism and the carbon credits”. Co-authored. IUS ET VERITAS N° 36
• “Together but not coupled! An economic distance between trademarks and other Intellectual Property assets, in particular patents and copyrights”. IUS ET VERITAS N° 43
• “Trademark Cognitive Psychology and confusion. A contribution to unfair competition analysis”. Actualidad Jurídica, February 2015, N° 255 – Grupo Gaceta Jurídica.
Latest articles on our blog
Chile: Modifications to the Industrial Property Law – Non-traditional Trademarks, Cancellation Action, Industrial Designs and Provisional Patent applications
Law 21.355 entered into force in Chile on May 9, 2022 and modified The Industrial Property Law 19.039 from 1991. This modification has brought important changes such as the incorporation of non-traditional trademarks, and the cancellation action for non-use or...
The Madrid System entered into force in Mexico on February 19, 2013 and has proven to be an important filing tool for international companies. For 2021, we have gathered and analyzed relevant information on the trademark filing behavior via the Madrid System for...
The Madrid System entered into force in Colombia on August 29, 2012 and has proven to be an important filing tool for international companies. For 2021, we have gathered and analyzed relevant information on the trademark filing behavior via the Madrid System for...