Alejandro Castro Angulo
Partner & Managing Director
Lawyer by Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú with specialization in Intellectual Property and Unfair Competiton. Currently he is the Managing Director of Union Andina de Patentes S.A.C. in charge of the national and international relationships of the company and providing strategic counsel for the Management team and Legal department.
As part of his professional practice Alejandro Castro was the legal assistant of the International Department of Unión Andina de Patentes S.A.C., managing trademark and patent portfolios of international clients in Latin America.
As part of his pre-professional experience Alejandro Castro was part of the Intellectual Property team of Muñiz, Ramírez, Pérez Taiman & Olaya Law Firm; Berninzon, Loret de Mola & Benavides Law Firm; and part of the Commission on Unfair Competition of The National Institute for the Defense of Free Competition and the Protection of Intellectual Property (INDECOPI).
• Universidad ESAN, Social Psychologist with specialization in Consumer Behavior (In Progress)
• Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University-The Netherlands, International Business Administration (2015-2016). Universidad ESAN Exchange program.
• Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Lawyer Cum Laude (2014)
• Civil Association IUS ET VERITAS, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú Law Review
• Lima Bar Association
• Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
• Spanish and english
• “The Kyoto Protocol, the Clean Development Mechanism and the carbon credits”. Co-authored. IUS ET VERITAS N° 36
• “Together but not coupled! An economic distance between trademarks and other Intellectual Property assets, in particular patents and copyrights”. IUS ET VERITAS N° 43
• “Trademark Cognitive Psychology and confusion. A contribution to unfair competition analysis”. Actualidad Jurídica, February 2015, N° 255 – Grupo Gaceta Jurídica.
Latest articles on our blog
If you have already decided to enter the Peruvian market, it is very important that you know the details of the registration procedure for your trademark. Formal examination stage Once your trademark application has been filed, a filing date will be generated which...
Statistics Overview If you plan to enter the Peruvian market and start business, it is important that you take into account some statistics on the situation of trademarks in Peru. The following are some data extracted from the publication “World Intellectual Property...
In September 2018, Legislative Decree No. 1397 was approved, incorporating geographical indications and traditional specialities guaranteed as elements of Industrial Property. Likewise, the Trademark Office from the Competition and Intellectual Property Agency –...