On July 5, 2023, Law No. 31814 was published – Law that promotes the use of Artificial Intelligence for the economic and social development of the country.
Principles for the Development and Use of Artificial Intelligence
- Risk-Based Approach.
- Promotion of a Plural Debate for Regulatory Policies Development.
- Internet Governance by the State, Private Sector Institutions, and Civil Society.
- Valuing and Promoting the Digital Society.
- Encouragement of Ethical Development for Responsible Artificial Intelligence.
- Protection and Promotion of Privacy.
On the other hand, the Law outlines the definitions of the following concepts:
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Artificial Intelligence-based System.
- Emerging Technologies.
The Secretariat of Government and Digital Transformation of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers is the competent technical and normative authority at the national level responsible for directing, evaluating, and supervising the use and promotion of the development of artificial intelligence and emerging technologies through the following actions:
- The development of artificial intelligence.
- Training professionals for the use of artificial intelligence.
- Creating and strengthening digital infrastructure.
- Developing a data infrastructure.
- Adopting ethical guidelines.
- Creating a collaborative ecosystem at the national and international levels.
The Executive has a period of 90 business days to regulate the mentioned Law.
 Emerging general-purpose technology that has the potential to enhance people’s well-being, contribute to a positive sustainable global economic activity, increase innovation and productivity, and help address key global challenges.
 An electronic-mechanical system that can, for a series of objectives defined by humans, make predictions, recommendations, or decisions, influencing real or virtual environments. It is designed to operate with varying levels of autonomy.
 Digital technologies capable of generating innovative solutions such as robotics, analytics, artificial intelligence, cognitive technologies, nanotechnology, the Internet of Things (IoT), and similar technologies, which form part of Industry 4.0. that combines advanced production and operational techniques with technology, generating an impact on the digital ecosystem, organizations, and individuals.
 Sequence of instructions and ordered sets of finite steps to solve a problem or make a decision.